Saturday, June 9, 2012

Frames

The fad of grouping empty frames as wall art has been around for a while, and now that I've jumped on the bandwagon, I don't know what took me so long. It meets all my criteria: 1. gives me an excuse to visit thrift stores 2. is very very inexpensive and 3. involves spray paint.

A few of these frames I already had, but most I bought for pocket change at either the ultra-cheap Bargain Barn behind the main Coalition building -- we're talking a dime per frame -- or my new favorite place, Adams Thrift Store in Pinebluff. (Incidentally, I think that's where Amanda made out so well with some of Bri's birthday presents.) It's packed to the brim with junk and gems, and the prices, which are already pretty reasonable, are astonishingly negotiable.

I got so enthusiastic about this project that I ended up with enough frames to fill the wall above the couch in our living room as well as another smaller area, probably upstairs, where there are blank walls galore. I wish I'd realized my overabundance before I painted all of them black, but at least the lack of variety will make it easy to mix things up in the future if I want to. And I'm sure I will.


No comments:

Post a Comment