Sunday, June 26, 2016

When I was a kid I usually had, like, a dozen pen-pals at any given time. I mean, I was absolutely obsessed with writing letters and receiving them; I requested rolls of stamps as birthday gifts. And I clearly remember the wonderful anticipation of heading home from family vacations and knowing I'd have a big stack of mail waiting for me, in the front seat of the car we hadn't driven, where my grandparents or a neighbor always left it along with the newspapers they collected for us while we were gone. // This assortment of packages that I found at the front door when we got home from the beach today is kind of the grown-up version of all that. Yes, they mostly contain school uniforms and business cards, but the sight gave me a little thrill all the same. #imanerd #mailcall #penpals


via Instagram http://ift.tt/29d0jld

No comments:

Post a Comment